Looks like we may need more than one month to get through our delicious tour of Italy! With so many great recipes to try, we’re continuing this week with a couple more ‘antipasti’ dishes I know you will enjoy.
Popular in the summer, this salad is one of my favorites. I love bread, so what better than a mix of toasted bread, tomatoes, onion, basil… and lots and lots of olive oil. Yummy!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf Tuscan bread, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 3 large ripe tomatoes (I prefer Roma for this recipe)
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- bunch of fresh basil, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
In a skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil and toast the bread until lightly golden brown. Set aside. In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients together and toss until well combined.
In a small bowl, mix together the following ingredients to make the dressing.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Toss the bread together with the ingredients from above and drizzle with dressing. Mix until well combined and serve! Enjoy!
– Chef Regina