Tired of the same old, same old registries and baby gifts from your local mega mart? Rachel goes on the hunt for something unique and discovers the endless possibilities awaiting creative mamas…
A cool way to jazz up your baby registry is by using websites like Babylist. The best part is that you can gift items that you couldn’t buy in a store – like a night of babysitting or doing a load of laundry for the busy couple. And this online registry allows you to choose goodies from any of your favorite websites. Don’t get me wrong, I am a dedicated Target addict, but I love the idea of gifting (and getting) unique goodies. What can you add, you may ask? Here are some rather rad possibilities:
- Are you obsessed with Method cleaning products, like me? They have a baby line! Check out their Baby Bundle.
- This is oh-so cute! An organic dinosaur onesie from Manny and Simon.
- A basket of fresh produce from the farmer’s market.
- You might be too busy cuddling to worry about weeding your garden. A garden helper for a day might be a perfect gift.
- I hear nothing but rave reviews for these ergonomic baby carriers from Ergo.
- Help out with a trip to the grocery store – Mom can email a list of items that need restocking post-baby.
- If you are buying for a fellow nerd mom, shop Nerdy Baby by Tiffany Ard for all of your baby study tools and posters. I especially love this one about the T-Rex and Stegosaurus!
- And last, but definitely not least – how can you not be in love with Mama Moderne’s very own line of organic (hand knitted) cuddly animal toys. My favorite has to be Bhanu the Elephant from India. Can’t wait for the book series, The Adventures of Bhanu (coming soon)!