Courtney shares her recipe for a quick and easy, one-pot-wonder that’s sure to spice up a Winter’s night – a spicy white chicken chili. Serve with a dollop of sour cream to tame the heat, and a handful of Fritos to add some fun! Makes about four servings.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 cans chopped green chillies
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup light sour cream
In a large sauce pan, saute the onion and garlic in the oil. Add the chicken and cook until it is no longer pink. Add the beans, chicken broth, chillies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and Fritos. Enjoy!