Two fresh and savory salads perfect for Spring. The first is a bed of mixed greens tossed in Gina’s Vinaigrette.
- 1 large bag mixed greens
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 cup orange segments, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of toasted macadamia nuts or pecans (optional)
Whisk together all the ingredients, adding the orange segments in at the end. Toss the salad with the vinaigrette right before serving and add the nuts. Decorate with slices of mango or starfruit.
The second is a Strawberry Pecan Spinach Salad.
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup Briannas Blush Wine Vinaigrette (strawberry label)
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup toasted pecans
Toss together and serve. Enjoy!